Embark on a dangerous journey to help Ayo fetch water for her family. Overcome challenges and enemies as you explore Sub-Saharan Africa – gaining skills, wisdom, and courage along the way. Experience Ayo’s harsh desert environment as she confronts her fears and braves the unforgiving drought in this adventure platformer.
Ayo: A Rain Tale sheds the light on a young girl who regularly carries her tough water-fetching duty with courage. Ayo’s perilous struggle is shared by many girls in Sub-Saharan Africa who live in communities that have no access to clean water. The daily burden of fetching water is carried by women and children – who go on journeys to distant sources and return home shouldering 40-pound containers filled with water for their families.
• Explore Sub-Saharan lands by crawling, climbing, and double-jumping.
• Experience day and night cycles on your journey.
• Solve puzzles and push through boulders to advance.
• Withstand the harsh desert heat and fight for strength and emotional balance.
• Face challenging enemies and confront Ja Thunderstorm!
• Discover hidden paths and avoid natural hazards such as thorns, lightning, and even lava geysers.